Join our residential framing crews in Edmonton
Why Work For Sterling Homes as a framing crew?
Thanks to our bulk purchasing power for materials, trades, and land, our framing crews in Edmonton move immediately from one home to the next to one, rather than framing one house in one community one week and then moving on to the next home and framing another home in another community across town the next week. As a result, the framing our homes moves more rapidly, and is much more efficient for our framing crews, which equates to more money saved, and more money in the pockets of our framers, and our framing crews in Edmonton.
Working for Sterling Homes Edmonton as a framing crew?
- Minimal time lost on-site: You won’t be caught waiting for your materials to arrive before you can commence work. We are vertically integrated with Star Building Components to ensure we always have lumber delivered on site for our framing crews, when you need it.
- Efficiencies of our homes. Our framers in Edmonton love working on our job files, because of the efficiencies in floorplan design – no tall walls, box on box designs, making it really efficient for our framing crews to start and complete jobs efficiently, on-time, and increasing our earnings potential as a framing crew as a result.
- Less Travel time: We prepare the site for framing crews for the first home, then we prepare the site right next door for the framing crew on the second home, while framers start working on building the first home. The process moves down the line in an orderly fashion, making it easier for our framing crews to hop from one job to the next.
- One home after the next: Thanks to our bulk purchasing power for materials, trades, and land, our framing crews in Edmonton move immediately from one home to the next to one, rather than framing one house in one community one week and then moving on to the next home and framing another home in another community across town the next week. As a result, the framing our homes moves more rapidly, and is much more efficient for our framing crews, which equates to more money saved, and more money in the pockets of our framers, and our framing crews in Edmonton.
- Competitive rates
Because of the reasons above, Sterling Edmonton has swiftly established itself as one of Edmonton’s most popular builders for individuals looking for framing jobs in Edmonton. Building over 400 homes per year, Sterling Homes, as part of the Qualico Group, focuses on the best family neighborhoods in the greater Edmonton area, while also being able to provide some of the region’s most family-friendly rates to bulk purchasing power for materials, trades, and land.
Sterling Homes Edmonton is dedicated to its framers and framing crews. We care about framers health, safety, and well-being. Framers who are being considered for a position will be contacted. We appreciate your interest. We’re always on the lookout for reputable framing crews who take pride in their work. If you’re a framing crew outside of Alberta looking for work, we invite you to move to Edmonton. Get in contact with us right now to learn more about the opportunities that exist for framing crews and a consistent flow of work at Sterling Homes Edmonton.
Overview of the framing job at Sterling Homes
Sterling Homes is looking for a framing team is looking for framers interested in full-time employment in residential home framing. The Framer works with a range of hand and power tools and performs jobs that require manual effort.
Framers responsibilities are:
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble, and connect wood materials to frame walls, design layouts, and measure, cut, shape, assemble, and join wood materials
- Install framework for dropped ceilings and bulkheads, as well as floor beams and subflooring.
- Work at heights to erect roof rafters and sheathing.
- Porches, verandas, post beams and decks, custom steps, and external wood siding/soffit/fascia are all things we do.
- Install windows and doors.
- Examine the work for correctness and make any necessary modifications.
- Plan your job by reading blueprints.
We’re seeking for a skilled framing carpenter to create the framework of buildings and other structures according to blueprints. The framing carpenter’s tasks include verifying that buildings are perfectly vertical or horizontal according to plan, building window and door frames, staircases, and floors, and establishing temporary supports for structures as needed. You must be able to read blueprints and have a thorough understanding of construction rules and safety requirements to be effective as a frame carpenter. Finally, an amazing frame carpenter should have good problem-solving abilities and guarantee that all jobs are done on schedule.
Other responsibilities of a framing carpenter include:
- Accurately measuring, cutting, and shaping lumber, wood, and other construction materials.
- Using screws, nuts, and bolts to secure building components.
- Putting up temporary structures like scaffolding and hoists.
- Repairing existing framework constructions that have been damaged or have become structurally unsafe.
- The structural dimensions of the framework to be built are determined by analysing blueprints and drawings.
- Identifying potential structural issues by analysing building designs.
- Examining building materials to look for flaws.
- Performing project site cleanups involves removing any carpentry trash and waste.
- Building wooden concrete forms to assist the construction crew in creating diverse concrete structures.