The Ambleside Community in South Edmonton
Are you in the market for a new home? If so, you’ll want to take a look at Ambleside. Ambleside is one of Edmonton’s most popular neighbourhoods and for good reason. The community features plenty of green space, pathways and trails, making it perfect for those who love to be outdoors.
Located in southwest Edmonton, this community offers plenty of amenities and recreational opportunities, making it the perfect place to call home. You’ll love the easy access to major roads and the close proximity to downtown Edmonton. Plus, Ambleside boasts a welcoming community spirit that is sure to charm you. Come see what all the fuss is about!
If you’re intezested in buying a home in Ambleside, let’s take a look at some of the many reasons why this neighbourhood might be the perfect fit for you!
The community of Ambleside in Edmonton, Alberta is a tight-knit neighbourhood that prides itself on its sense of community. With a population of just over 4,000 people, the neighbourhood is home to a wide range of residents who enjoy the many amenities and community features that bring people together. Residents enjoy plenty of parks and trails that are perfect for exploring.
There are plenty of schools in the area, making it a great place to raise a family. Ambleside is also conveniently located close to major roads and highways, so you can easily get around Edmonton. Plus, the downtown core is just a short drive away. When it comes to finding the perfect home, Ambleside has it all!
Amenities In Ambleside
When it comes to amenities, Ambleside doesn’t disappoint. You’ll live close to everything you need, including shopping centres, grocery stores, restaurants, and more. You’ll love the convenience of being able to walk to your favourite amenities. Here are some of the best ones in Ambleside:
- Currents of Windermere is a local favourite for those who love to shop. This shopping centre offers a variety of unique shops and services, including Canadian Tire, Walmart, Home Depot, Petland and a selection of banks, veterinary and medical services. There’s even a farmer’s market during the summer!
- Ambleside also has a great selection of restaurants. Whether you’re in the mood for Mexican food, Italian cuisine, or something else entirely, Ambleside has you covered. There are also several coffee shops in the area, so you can get your caffeine fix any time of day.
- If you’re looking for a place to relax and enjoy some fresh air, Ambleside Park is the place for you. This beautiful park features plenty of green space, as well as a playground and splash park for the kids. It’s the perfect spot to spend a sunny afternoon with family and friends.
If you’re looking for an ideal place to raise your family, Ambleside is a great choice. The neighbourhood is home to a number of schools, both public and private.
Dr. Margaret-Ann Armour School is a top-rated public school in Ambleside that offers a variety of programs for students from kindergarten to grade 9. The school has a strong reputation for providing quality education, and its students consistently achieve high test scores. In addition, the school has lots of extra-curricular programs and activities to keep students engaged and learning.
Joan Carr Catholic School is another excellent school option in Ambleside. This private school serves grades K-9 and has a strong focus on faith-based education. The school has a number of extra-curricular activities and programs, as well as a supportive community atmosphere. Parents love the small class sizes and the dedicated staff at Joan Carr Catholic School.
Elite School of Music is another excellent school option in Ambleside that, as you might expect, focuses on music education. The school has a number of extra-curricular activities and programs, as well as a supportive community atmosphere.
There are plenty of great schools in Ambleside, so you’re sure to find one that’s ideal for your family.
The commute from Ambleside to other parts of Edmonton is a breeze. This conveniently located community is close to major roads and highways, so you can easily get around the city. Plus, the downtown core is just a short drive away.
Commute Times from Ambleside to Popular Edmonton Locations include:
- Ambleside to the downtown core – 25 minutes: Downtown Edmonton is the heart of the city. It’s a vibrant and exciting neighbourhood that offers a variety of restaurants, shops, and cultural attractions such as the Alberta Legislature Building, Royal Alberta Museum, and Art Gallery of Alberta. You’ll also find plenty of theatres, cinemas, and music venues in the area.
- Ambleside to West Edmonton Mall – 20 minutes: West Edmonton Mall is a must-see for anyone visiting Edmonton and most of the locals too! With over 800 stores and services, it’s the second largest mall in North America. You’ll find everything you need at West Edmonton Mall, from clothing and accessories to electronics and home goods.
- Ambleside to the University of Alberta – 20 minutes: The University of Alberta is one of the top universities in Canada, and it’s located just a short drive from Ambleside. The university has a rich history dating back to 1908 and offers a variety of programs and courses for students at all levels. If you’re looking for a world-class education, UofA is a great choice.
- Ambleside to Edmonton International Airport – 20 minutes: The Edmonton International Airport is a short drive away which is great news if you need to pick up someone or have a flight to catch. With its many flights to destinations worldwide, this airport makes it easy to get where you need to go. There’s also a new Premium Collection Outlet Mall right as you turn towards the airport which you’ll want to stop at before making your way back home.
As you can see, Ambleside is a great choice for those who need to commute to different parts of the city. This fast-growing neighbourhood is close to all of the amenities and conveniences you need and has easy access to major roads and highways.
Ideal For All Home Buyers
Ambleside, Edmonton is ideal for all kinds of home buyers. With its mix of affordable and high-end homes, Ambleside has something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for a starter home or your forever home, Ambleside is sure to have what you’re looking for.
Ambleside, Edmonton is an excellent area for first-time home buyers to call home. With a wide selection of condos, townhomes and single-family homes, Ambleside has something for every budget. Plus, you’ll be close to all of the amenities you need, meaning you don’t have to worry about paying city-centre prices.
Ambleside is also a desirable neighbourhood for move-up home buyers due to its location, affordability, and variety of housing options, including front-attached, rear-attached and landed homes. Prices for homes in Ambleside are relatively affordable compared to other neighbourhoods in Edmonton.
If your old home seems too big and you’re looking for a place to downsize to and enjoy your retirement years, Ambleside is a perfect choice. There are plenty of condos, townhomes and bungalows to choose from, and being close to Currents of Windermere means you won’t have to travel far to find a pharmacy or any other amenities.
Ambleside is an excellent choice for property investors – an up-and-coming community in a great location is bound to attract renters of all kinds. Duplexes, townhomes and properties with finished basement suites are all fantastic choices for a rental property.
Other Nearby Communities
Ambleside isn’t the only fantastic community located in southwest Edmonton! There are plenty of other great options for home buyers close to Ambleside, including:
Point at Glenridding Ravine
Point at Glenridding Ravine is just off the Anthony Henday, west of Ambleside, and with its selection of natural surroundings and the nearby Currents of Windermere shopping centre, you can have all the modern conveniences while staying close to nature.
School options in Point at Glenridding Ravine include Dr. Margaret-Ann Armour School, Constable Daniel Woodall School and Esther Starkman. Sterling Homes offers ten different model options in this community, including rear lane detached and front attached garage models.
Crimson in Creekwood Chappelle
A little further south is the community of Crimson in Creekwood Chappelle, one of Edmonton’s newer communities. Here you’ll find a variety of home styles to choose from, as well as plenty of nearby amenities. You’ll also have plenty of school options, including Donald R. Getty School and Garth Worthington School.
Also southwest of Summerside, Desrochers offers many useful amenities, both at the nearby Shoppes at Chapelle Crossing which features plenty of stores, as well as a daycare, medical clinic and dentist’s office, and at the upcoming Desrochers Village.
The Uplands at Riverview
Located just west of the Anthony Henday, The Uplands at Riverview is a little further away from the city centre but is still conveniently located so you can quickly get anywhere you need to go.
Being a little further out, The Uplands at Riverview offers many stunning natural views. With the nearby Wedgewood Creek Ravine and more than 8.5 kilometres of walking trails, this community is a dream come true for nature lovers.
Edgemont East is one of the city’s newest communities on the west side of Edmonton. There are plenty of school options for your kids like Bessie Nichols and Sister Annata Brockman schools, plus tons of shopping, services, and other amenities.
There are plenty of other great communities located in southwest Edmonton, so Ambleside is just one of many excellent choices for those looking for a new home. With its great location, variety of housing options and affordability, Ambleside is sure to appeal to a wide range of home buyers.
For more information on Ambleside or any of the other southwest Edmonton communities, contact us today. We’d be happy to help you find the perfect home for your needs.
SIMILAR COMMUNITIES YOU MAY LIKE:
Though Sterling Homes is not currently building in Ambleside, we have a variety of similar communities in the area you should consider.
About Sterling Homes
At Sterling Homes, our mission is to provide the opportunity for affordable homeownership without compromise. Over the last 70 years, Sterling Edmonton has quickly become one of Edmonton’s most popular builders. We bring more than seven decades worth of exceptional customer service, superior design and unparalleled craftsmanship to the greater Edmonton area. As a member of the Qualico Group, Sterling Homes focuses on greater Edmonton’s finest family communities, while being able to offer some of the region’s most family friendly prices thanks to volume purchasing power for materials, trades and land. This has not only made Sterling one of Edmonton’s bestselling, move-up builders, but also one of the industry’s most respected home providers. It is through our uncompromising commitment to our customers that we proudly deliver the Sterling Advantage – that’s why each and every home we build includes a 10-year home warranty, a completion guarantee and new home warranty excellence rating. Our Advantage is our pledge that, when you build your dream home with Sterling, we will deliver a timely, well-built home you’re sure to enjoy for years to come. Ready to get in touch? Call us at 780-800-7594 or book an appointment for a show home tour.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Join our community! Subscribe to the Sterling Home & Lifestyle Newsletter to receive great content delivered right to your inbox. By signing up, you’ll receive the latest updates including new quick possession listings, model and floorplan releases, community information, promotions and offers, and much more!