Assurance B – Showhome/Self-Showing1607-14 Street NW
1607-14 Street NW,Aster,South East Edmonton
- Monday-Thursday: 3:00pm-8:00pm
- Friday Closed
- Saturday, Sunday & Holidays: 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Flexible tour options available
Choose Your Tour
How Would you like to tour this home?
The information provided for all properties displayed on this website is believed to be accurate but is not guaranteed and should be verified. Call 780-800-7594 in order to obtain the complete information on each property.
Building TypeFront Attached Garage Home
Colourboard SelectionMIAMI MOONLIGHT
Included Upgrades and Options
+ Click to view standard specifications
Sterling Evolve Specification January 2021
- Footing: 32 MPS Type SR concrete as per engineering.
- Foundation Wall: Minimum 20 MPA Type GU concrete, 8” thick as per engineering.
- Basement Floor: 3″ thick, minimum 20 MPA Type GU concrete over 6 ml poly and a compacted sand or gravel base. The basement floor is a steel trowel finish.
- Damp Proofing: Asphalt emulsion applied to the below grade portion of the exterior foundation walls and tabbing of form ties on exterior only.
- Weeping Tile: Continuous perforated flexible plastic weeping tile installed at the base of footings, covered with 6″ of crushed rock and connected to interior sump pit c/w pump.
- Concrete for Rear Park Pad (if applicable and sized as per plan): 4″ poured concrete slab Duramix concrete over compacted sand base with 10mm rebar at 24” O.C. and will include poured concrete apron.
- Front Sidewalk: Poured concrete, width of the front step tapering to 36” – 48” wide (as per plan). 4″ thick, Duramix concrete over support (as per plan) and compacted sand base with 10mm rebar at 24” O.C. and broom finished.
- Concrete Apron (if applicable): 4” thick, Duramix concrete, over compacted sand base with 10mm rebar at 24” O.C. The apron will be broom finished & have appropriate control joints and will be sized as per plan.
- Garage Floor on Attached Garages (FRONT ATTACHED GARAGE HOME/RSL Only): 4” poured concrete slab Duramix concrete over compacted over compacted sand base with 10mm rebar at 24” O.C.
- Driveway (FRONT ATTACHED GARAGE HOME/RSL Only): All driveways on double attached garages are poured concrete spanning the width of the garage. The driveway is 4” thick, Duramix concrete, over compacted sand base with 10mm rebar at 24” O.C. The driveway will be broom finished and have appropriate control joints.
- Precast Front Steps (if applicable): Include a maximum of 3 risers. Homes with more than 3 risers, or steep grades next to steps less than 3 risers, may be subject to additional charges for railings and steps due to building code requirements.
- Concrete Sealant: One coat of concrete sealant applied to driveway (FRONT ATTACHED GARAGE HOME/RSL only), garage pad and apron (REAR LANED HOME/RPL only)
- Exterior House Walls: 2×6 Spruce Studs @ 24″ on center. 8’ ceilings on main floor (REAR LANED HOME/RPL, DUP, TH only), 9’ ceilings on main floor (FRONT ATTACHED GARAGE HOME/RSL only).
- House Wall Sheathing: 3/8 OSB sheathing/fire retardant gypsum or as required by code.
- Exterior Garage Walls (FRONT ATTACHED GARAGE HOME/RSL, DUP & TH): 2×6 Spruce Studs @ 24” on center
- House & Garage Wall Sheathing: 3/8 OSB sheathing/fire retardant gypsum or as required by code
- Roof Sheathing: 3/8″ OSB sheathing; comes with H-Clips
- Interior Walls: 2×4 Spruce Studs @ 19.2” on center. Kitchen cabinet area walls will include additional blocking for cabinetry install.
- Floor Joists: Engineered Floor System with 23/32″ T&G OSB subfloor. Subfloors are glued and screwed.
- Interior Frost Walls: Studs at 24” on center, full height of the concrete foundation wall. Installed on exterior walls only.
- Roofing: Limited lifetime warranty fiberglass laminate shingle.
- Vinyl Siding: Vinyl siding in supplier standard colors. Upgraded/darker colors are an additional cost.
- Exterior Corners: Vinyl or Aluminum corners or 6” aluminum as per plan.
- Exterior Manufactured Stone/Brick: As per plan.
- Eavestrough: 5” prefinished aluminum and aluminum downspouts.
- Fascia: Prefinished aluminum.
- Soffit: Prefinished aluminum. Architectural enhancements as per plan are an exterior rated, painted accent. Low Maintenance Exteriors
WINDOWS & DOORS
- House Windows: White PVC, venting windows are sliders or casement (as per plan). Screens on all vented windows.
- Window Glazing: Dual pane, Low-E glass c/w 1- Argon gas filled
- Front & Rear Door: Fiberglass insulated door with deadbolts. Exterior door slabs painted with 2 coats of paint, interior of door painted to match interior trim color. Door viewer for the front door if applicable.
- Sliding Patio Door (if applicable): White PVC on tandem rollers, Low-E glass with cavity filled with Argon gas.
- Muntin Bars: Style and location as specified on plans.
- Basement Windows: As per plan.
- Garage Overhead Door (FRONT ATTACHED GARAGE HOME/RSL, DUP, TH): Insulated raised panel 16’x7’ door on double attached garages, 9’x7’ on single garages.
- Garage Door Opener (FRONT ATTACHED GARAGE HOME/RSL, DUP, TH): 1 ½ HP chain drive garage door opener with two controls and a keyless entry pad.
- Kitchen Sink: Drop in Silgranit Double Bowl Sink.
- Kitchen Faucet: Chrome single lever faucet with pull down sprayer and shut off valves.
- Bathroom Sinks: White china basin.
- Bathroom Sink Faucets: Chrome single lever faucet (or equal) with shut off valves.
- Main Bathtubs: One-piece gelcoat fiberglass tub/shower in white.
- Water Closet: White china bowl, low flush toilet with shut off valve.
- Shower Faucet: Chrome with pressure balancing valve and matching showerhead.
- Pedestal Sink (if applicable): Pedestal Sink in white as per plan c/w shut off valves.
- Water Heater: 80 gallon, electric hot water tank.
- Water Lines: Pex water lines or equal, with a LOGIC system throughout. Waterline plumbed to fridge location.
- Laundry: One set of hot and cold laundry taps with washer drain and floor drain (as per plan).
- Lawn Service: One Frost Free outlet installed.
- Basement: Rough–in for future bathroom. Located as per plan.
HEATING & VENTILATION
- Furnace: 95.1% single stage High Efficiency gas fired furnace.
- Power Vacuuming: All furnace ducting will be power vacuumed prior to possession.
- Thermostat: Programmable setback thermostat.
- Over the Range (OTR) Microwave Venting: Stainless Steel. Direct vent to exterior.
- Ventilation Fans: bath fans complete with control switches in each bathroom (REAR LANED HOME/RPL, TH, DUP). Heat recovery ventilation (HRV) system, c/w control switches in each bathroom (FRONT ATTACHED GARAGE HOME/RSL only).
- Registers: PVC white color.
- Electrical Service: 100-amp service, with 40/80 circuit breaker panel and wiring throughout.
- Standard Plugs: Complete with arc fault protection, as per electrical code.
- Switches & Plugs: Decora style in white. Kitchen & bathroom plugs will be GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) protected as per electrical code. Outlets arc fault protected as per electrical code.
- Exterior Wall Plugs: 2 exterior weatherproof GFI receptacles as per plan.
- Attached Garage (FRONT ATTACHED GARAGE HOME/RSL, DUP, TH): 2 wall mounted duplex receptacles and 2 switched keyless lights in ceiling.
- Detached Garage (if applicable): Three exterior lights with switches, exterior weatherproof outlet, 2-110 volt interior outlets, 2 interior keyless lights with switch.
- Rear Park Pad (REAR LANED HOME/RPL Only): One weatherproof outlet mounted on 4”x4” pressure treated post.
- Basement: 3-way switch installed to the light at bottom of the stairwell. One light switch installed on remaining basement lights, located as per plan.
- Light Fixtures: Light fixture package w/LED bulbs.
- Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Detectors: Hardwired and inter-connected. Located as per plan.
- Telephone & Cable Outlets: CAT5 telephone outlet and RG6 cable outlets are home run to electrical panel. Located as per plan.
INSULATION & DRYWALL
- Exterior House Walls: R20 fiberglass friction fit batt insulation.
- Foam Sealant: Low expanding foam sealant around all window and door openings.
- Basement Insulation: Full height R12 fiberglass batt insulation.
- Attic Insulation: R40 loose fill blown cellulose or equal material.
- Vapor Barrier/Caulking: 6-mil poly on outside walls and on ceiling.
- Attic Hatch or Access: Insulated hatch located as per plan.
- Cantilever Insulation (as per plan): Polyurethane spray foam
- Walls: ½” standard drywall on all developed house walls taped and sanded with a 3-coat application.
- Corners: 90-degree square corner application.
- Ceilings: ½” High Density CD board on insulated ceilings only, standard ½” drywall on all non-insulated ceilings. Standard spray-textured ceilings throughout the home.
- Attached Garage (FRONT ATTACHED GARAGE HOME/RSL, DUP, TH): R20 fiberglass friction fit batt insulation in exterior walls, R34 in attic areas and Polyurethane spray foam under developed areas. Garage walls covered with ½” drywall over 6 ml poly, 1 coat of tape, no sanding. ½” High Density CD board used on attic/ceiling as per plan.
- Rim Boards: OSB rim board with Polyurethane spray foam. Continuous R20 rating.
- Cabinets/Vanities: Soft Close Thermofoil. 30” high kitchen upper cabinets (REAR LANED HOME/RPL,DUP,TH). 36” high kitchen upper cabinets (FRONT ATTACHED GARAGE HOME/RSL)
- Countertops: ¾” quartz countertops throughout home (All Products). 4” quartz backsplash in kitchen and vanities (REAR LANED HOME/RPL, DUP, TH). 4” quartz backsplash in vanities only (FRONT ATTACHED GARAGE HOME/RSL only)
- Carpet: Polyester blend, area as per plan.
- Underlay: Foam underlay throughout.
- Luxury Vinyl Plank: Builder standard luxury vinyl plank with attached pad throughout main floor and bathrooms.
- Tile: Full height tile backsplash to underside of upper cabinets in kitchen. 1 row of tile around tub/shower (FRONT ATTACHED GARAGE HOME/RSL only).
- Wire Shelving: Factory finished white wire mesh. Hanging shelving to be free slide. Located as per plan.
- Pantry: Four rows of tight-mesh wire shelves.
- Linen Closet (as per plan): Four rows of tight-mesh wire shelves.
- All Other Closets: One row of tight-mesh wire shelving.
- Satin Chrome Hooks (if applicable): Located in Foyer.
- Bathroom Hardware: Chrome towel bar and one paper holder installed in each bathroom. Shower rod installed in all applicable tub/shower locations.
- Front Entry Exterior Door Locks: Satin chrome lockset with 26D deadbolt.
- Interior Doorknobs: Satin chrome doorknobs throughout the home. Privacy locksets will be installed on all bathroom and master bedroom doors. Passage knobs will be installed on all other opening doors.
- Passage Doors: Paint Grade hollow core door.
- Bifold Doors: Paint Grade door style to match profile of passage doors, installed with ½ jamb.
- Door & Window Casings: Painted 2 ¼” MDF.
- Baseboards: Painted 3” MDF.
- Stub Walls: Paint grade MDF cap w/ 1 ¼” MDF crown molding installed to underside of cap as per detail.
- Bathroom Mirrors: Standard height of 42″ and full width of countertop, unless indicated otherwise.
- Pedestal Sink Mirrors (if applicable): 24”x 36” rectangular mirror with pencil ground edge over pedestal sink.
- Interior Paint: 1 coat of primer and 2 finish coats of VOC free 100% acrylic eggshell on all wall areas. (Color as per Evolve Color Board)
- Interior Trims: All interior paint grade finishes are sprayed with semi-gloss paint. This finish applies to doors, window and door casings, baseboards, and stub wall capping. (Color as per Evolve Color Board)
- Appliance Package: 5 piece Appliance package includes stainless steel fridge, stove and dishwasher, white top load washer & dryer. (Upgrade to front load stackable washer dryer may be required on some models). Please note that an Over the Range (OTR) microwave is included, however it is part of the ventilation system, not the appliance package (see “Heating & Ventilation”).
- The land developers designated agency has the final authority to approve a plan for construction on any lot. Changes required to meet these architectural controls will be subject to an additional charge.
- These specifications take precedence over the master plans/brochures. Addendums and/or Changes Orders signed by both Sterling Homes and the purchaser will take precedence over the specifications. If any problems arise with the supply of products listed in these specifications, Sterling Homes reserves the sole right to substitute for equal or greater materials or products.
- All construction will meet or exceed the current Alberta Residential Building Code Standards; including fire code requirements where applicable. In cases where the specifications do not comply with an applicable code requirement, the code will take precedence. Due to on site conditions and procedures, plan dimensions can vary within reasonable limits while still exceeding building code requirements for residential construction. If a Community does not meet the 10 minute fire response time, any changes above our Specification, in order to meet Fire Code requirements, will be at the purchasers expense (i.e.: windows, interior/exterior fire rated drywall and/or sprinkler systems).
LOT & GRADING:
- The building lot shall be rough graded only to conform to the approved Plot Plan and within allowable tolerances. After the possession date, the builder is NOT RESPONSIBLE for any retaining walls, yard leveling or damage to walks, driveways or patios due to soil settlement or changes in grades. From and after the date of possession, the builder is NOT RESPONSIBLE for the care, maintenance or replacement of any lawn or trees if provided. Retaining walls, piles or rainwater leaders if required are at the expense of the purchaser.
- Landscaping for front and back yard is included on all Townhomes.
- GST on the home will be re-calculated on closing to reflect any changes to the total purchase price of the home and lot. The GST rebates are calculated in accordance with federal taxation laws.
- When the lawyer of Builder’s choice is used, legal costs including regular legal fees, transfer of title, and regular disbursements are included in the price. Property taxes and insurance are included up to the date of possession. Interest on mortgage advances during construction and inspection fees are included when the purchase is being financed by a draw mortgage. Appraisal fees are NOT included.
Last Revised, January 20, 2021
Sterling Homes has been one of Alberta’s favourite home builders for 70 years. As a Canadian family-owned home builder, our goal is to provide our customers with the highest quality homes at the most affordable prices possible. With our decades of experience of building and selling homes in dozens of communities throughout Edmonton, we’re uniquely positioned to provide you with the home of your dreams.
With the Evolve product line, our objective as a company is to provide easier access to homeownership, by building homes at a more affordable price.
To achieve our prices and savings we are passing onto buyers, we plan efficient floor plan designs, we purchase materials in bulk for economies of scale, and we simplify the construction process for efficiencies in timeline.
When you buy an Evolve model you can feel comfortable that we have accounted for every nail, board and piece of trim. In turn, we confidently quote our prices and are upfront about clearly explaining expenses to homeowners – there’s no need for promotions or discounts.
Other builders need to offer constant promotions and discounts to attract customers. At Sterling Homes, we believe in giving you our very best price first. By offering our customers an affordable home without compromising on quality, we create relationships built on trust so it’s even easier to choose Sterling Homes.
We understand that your new home is likely the biggest investment in your future you will ever make. We want to give you the confidence that you’re getting the best value for your home buying dollar. As Alberta’s top home builder, we use our buying power to negotiate with our trades and suppliers and get the lowest price for the best quality materials and finishing for your new home.
The minimum amount you can put down is 5% of the home’s value, as long as the home costs $500,000 or less. If the cost of the home is over $500,000, the minimum you’ll need to pay is 5% on the first $500,000 and 10% on the remaining balance.
So for example, if your home costs $600,000 the minimum down payment would be:
5% of $500,00 = $25,000
10% of $100,000 = $10,000
Total minimum down payment = $35,000
Programs That Can Help You Out:
- First Time Homebuyer Incentive
- The First-Time Home Buyers’ Tax Credit
- Home Buyer’s Plan